Here is a list of the Top Graduate Schools for Biomedical Engineering / Bioengineering:
1. Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD
2. Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta, GA
3. University of California-San Diego – La Jolla, CA
4. Duke University – Durham, NC
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Cambridge, MA
5. University of Washington – Seattle, WA
7. Rice University – Houston, TX
7. University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, PA
9. Boston University – Boston, MA
10. Stanford University – Stanford, CA
10. Washington University – St. Louis, MO
The list came from the U.S. News & World Report.
Some of my observations:
- Washington University in St. Louis is the lone Midwest school.
- Appears to be similarity between strong biomedical graduate programs and biotech / life science hubs: Boston, RTP, Southern California.