Our Whiteboard Strategy Session (WSS) model was started last summer as a way to get ourselves (Creo Quality and Tomato Fish Marketing) out into the community, but also to provide free professional advice to fellow entrepreneurs looking for answers to their Marketing and Business Development questions.
Here is a break down of the things we’ve accomplished and/or learned with WSS:
- Addressing current hot topics and issues
- Building / strengthening a network
- Practice at speaking, facilitating discussions, etc
- Just because people say they are going to come doesn’t mean they will
- Time invested to prepare and hold the events is significant
- A good “experiment” at trying something new
So, why aren’t we getting better leads and why are people not showing up after they’ve RSVP’d? Could it be that because they are FREE we are sending the message that the WSS is not valuable? For those of you who have attended, we’d love your input.
At this point we are contemplating evolving into a model where CQ, TFM, and a few others could present a current business issue for peer review perhaps would be a more beneficial use of time and be more valuable.