- Eyes – I-Therapeutix (Waltham, MA)
- Ears – InSound Medical (Newark, CA)
- Heart – Cornventis (Silicon Valley, CA)
- Heart – Cardiac Concepts (Minnetonka, MN)
- Spine – InVivo Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA)
- Bladder – Taris Biomedical (Lexington, MA)
- Hips – MicroCHIPS (Bedford, MA)
- Arms – Myomo (Charlestown, MA)
- Legs – Organovo (San Diego, CA)
- Knees – ConforMIS (Burlington, MA)
Take the time to read the article and visit the company websites. Truly amazing technologies and products are being developed by these innovators!
What I found extremely interesting while reading the article was the repetition of a particular geographic area. Look at the list again. Did you notice?
I don’t know if the author conducted exclusive research throughout the country, whether he has MIT and/or Massachusetts ties, or if Boston, MA is the place for medical innovation. Regardless, there is a formula for biomedical success that continues to work in the Boston area.