Highlights from the article:
- focus should be on improved patient outcomes through preventive care via a national system of local medical clinics
- most serious flaw in present health care is caused by difficult access to our healthcare system
- Cook suggests development of low-cost or free primary care clinics â€œthat are plentiful and spread throughout cities, towns and the countrysideâ€ to allow for early diagnosis of chronic conditions
- expansion of innovative medical service delivery programs to provide free health care to those in need
- enacting a national monetary cap on medical liability claims, reforming medical tort law, and allowing medical insurance providers to sell across state lines to create greater competition and cost reductions
To read the full article, click here.