During the past couple months, CQ has been in the midst of an experiment. No, we have not been mixing chemicals in a lab. No, we haven’t been tinkering with a medical device concept and prototype (at least not directly).
Our experiment has been more in the realm of growing our network and expanding our brand awareness. And I think it has been working. So what did we do?
The main thing that we did is get more engaged on LinkedIn. We found and joined several medical device related groups, including Medical Devices Group and Medical Devices and FDA. We made it a point to visit many of these groups every few days to review the topics being discussed. When we had something to contribute to the discussion, we added our comments. We also decided to post topics for discussion from time to time. Usually, the topics came from our current client engagements and needs. Through our review of the topics being discussed, we started to gauge the topics of interest in the medical device community. We used this information to help us with the content on the CQ blog.
How do I know it’s working?
We have made several new connections on LinkedIn since working on this experiment. We have exchanged emails and in a couple cases had phone conversations with many of these new connections. We have added several of these contacts to our TFMail email marketing list. We have been contacted by a few inventors / entrepreneurs looking for help with their medical device ideas, including the one described in a previous post, which has led to us reconnecting to others in our pre-experiment network and then making more new connections on LinkedIn. You get the point.
Basically, we found several receptive medical device communities through LinkedIn groups and have become active contributors. And we have found that this process is very cyclical and rewarding. We will continue the experiment.